Videodrome, thanks for keeping it civil.  Too often threads like this
degenerate into flame wars.

Videodrome;214340 Wrote:
> Taken to it's logical conclusion, I could dig an old, rusty coat hanger
> out of the backyard, stick it between two connectors and, so long as it
> passed a signal, I'd have a cable just as good as those designed
> specifically for audio applications.

Believe it or not, this has been suggested before, and tried I believe,
although the cable wasn't oxidized.

Still, as long as there is a sufficient effective gauge remaining,
there does not seem to be a clear physical mechanism explaining how
oxidized conductors could affect the sound.

I'm not an expert on the skin effect, so I'll let CardinalFang's
statements stand.  However it doesn't sound like a large-scale effect
to me.

--
Mark Lanctot

'Sean Adams' Response-O-Matic checklist, patent pending!'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=200910&postcount=2)