aberdeencomponents;215323 Wrote:
> Hi Gary,
> Using filters and especially ferrites "can" be damaging to the sound
> quality.
> You must take several measurements in choosing the right filter design
> or amount and type of ferrite used in noise suppression.
>
> Anthony

additional info:

Conventional passive power conditioners have a "compromise" filer
design. The designer tries to make a wide band filter that can work
well on any given current load.
The problem is: the given current of a component is a major factor in
designing a optimum filter for that particular component.
These manufactures of such power conditioners will never admit to the
above.
Exactpower is one manufacture who takes power quality issues
seriously, has develop products that have a non compromised filter
design. The Ultrapure I and II has several receptacles with optimized
filters designs that are based on various current loadings. Furutech
has the TP-80 with a  similar feature. The Exactpower EPDS is based on
my firewall technology filter design..
My preference and it may not be feasible solution to others, is to have
the filter inside the component, right after the IEC, OPTOMISED for that
component. My concern is not just making sure a component is fed clean
power, ….I am equally concerned what that very same component may
“inject” into others…

--
aberdeencomponents