ErikM;215524 Wrote:
> There are simply two kinds of audiophiles. Ones that listen , the others
> that don't.  And Peter Asszell.. boy does he seem pissed,  he is just
> one big walking chip on the shoulder, always has been. Playing with
> good audio gear is supposed to be fun, listening to music is supposed
> to be a good time. I really don't much enjoy any zealots. I hear a
> difference , you don't , so what, it's my wallet. Robert Harleys book
> is a good primer, so is Laura Dearborns.

Pissed and with a chip on his shoulder?  That's about the clearest case
of the pot calling the kettle black I've ever seen.

Aczel simply points out some rather obvious facts, although in a not
very polite way I'll grant you.  That certainly shouldn't stop anyone
from buying what they want, anymore than noting that a Casio keeps more
accurate time than a Rolex will stop anyone from buying an expensive
watch.  But I've never seen a Rolex ad try to claim otherwise - mostly
it's just nice looking models wearing watches.  What makes audio a bit
nastier is that the manufacturers of some of these products actually
try to claim they improve the sound quality.

--
opaqueice