crooner;216952 Wrote:
> Grab the original LP cover and scan the barcode and the music would
> start playing!
Problem is very few of my LPs have barcode.  Even some of my early CDs
don't have bar code.  People today take bar code for granted, because
the modern retail world basically runs on bar code.  But back in the
heyday of LPs, retail barcode was largely non-existant.

However should I acquire a way to do it, I'll add an EAN/UPC tag to my
FLAC library.  A dedicated barcode reader seems a bit pricey, but if I
could find barcode recognition software for the flatbed scanner I
already have...

BTW -- Looks as if the term "needledrop" has migrated here from the
Steve Hoffman forums.

--
Timothy Stockman