I would not describe it as clinical.  Indeed, I gravitated to it based
on reviews that said it was more analog-like, which is what I was
looking for.  As you can see from my signature, I'm running the digital
stream through a Behringer SRC2496 upsampler first (a recent addition).
I am quite satisfied with the combo and it did not cost me an arm and a
leg.

FWIW, I have not seen the clinical descriptor assigned to the Chinese
DACs.  I have heard that some of the non-oversampling units sound great
on good recordings and are hard to listen to on less than stellar ones.
Moreover, regarding clinical DACs, I have read that the Benchmark can be
on the clinical side, but seeing as how I have not heard one myself, I
cannot confirm or deny that that is true.

--
Videodrome

Two-channel System:
SB3 -> Behringer SRC2496 -> Musiland MD-10 DAC;
Outlaw 970 Pre/Pro;
McCormack DNA-125 amplifier;
Quad 11L speakers;
Sota Sapphire ttbl. w/ Grado Ref. Platinum Cartridge -> Rolls Bellari
VP-129 tube phono stage;
Marantz 10b;
Nakamichi RX505;
Cables Used: DH Labs, Van den Hul, Distech, Monster, many more.