IvanSlade;217996 Wrote:
> All else exhausted I put a portable (90$) frequency counter next to the
> transporter to tune in into the ‘wireless’ frequency. Houses these days
> bathe in wireless. I think mine is about 2,24 gig. Oh boy does it make a
> difference when you tune in properly!

Is it just me or does this not make sense?

You have no control over what frequency you use aside from changing
wireless channels, and they're all ~2.45 GHz.  2.24 GHz is not a
wireless networking frequency - perhaps a harmonic or something.

As far as this being the source of the static, you are the first one to
ever report it on this forum, and some here have pretty hideous EMI
environments (I'm less than 1 km from a 500 kW radio transmitter, for
example.)  This is not saying that it isn't the source, just that it's
very, very rare.  You simply cannot introduce audible static, pops and
clicks in an 802.11g signal, it'll drop out or go down in rate.  You'd
have to specifically craft proper SlimProto packets and inject them
into the stream.

As for your static problems, there's obviously something serious going
on in your preamp/amp/speakers.  Have you checked connections on all
devices?  Speaker terminals, interconnects?  It doesn't make sense that
this situation would reappear once you changed sources from SB3 to
Transporter.

--
Mark Lanctot

'Sean Adams' Response-O-Matic checklist, patent pending!'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=200910&postcount=2)