seanadams;218517 Wrote:
> Hmm. Well, again, there is nothing special about track transitions as
> far as the s/pdif is concerned. No information about a track change is
> transmitted, nor is there any interruption of the signal or change in
> the out-of-band data. (I am only speaking of SB3/TP here - a CD player
> will at least change the Q-subcode data)

What about clock switching?  If one track is 44.1KHz and the next is
48KHz the clocks and S/PDIF will get disrupted as they switch.  Is
there a conceivable mechanism where this might happen even when the two
tracks are 'on' the same clock?

It's just a thought, although I haven't come across this issue myself.

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk