Pat Farrell;220414 Wrote:

> I seriously doubt that jitter is a real problem, and more so don't
> believe that simple fixes for it are real. I could be wrong, YMMV, etc.

Just listen to a cd player with a low-jitter clock and you will hear
that jitter absolutely is an audible problem.

However lowering jitter in the SB3 might be hard because of the not so
good power supply (not talking about the external supply) design and
the fact that different signals are sent through inverters that are
physically in the same integrated circuit housing, thus polluting each
other.

I was pretty sure I heard an improvent right after I did this mod, but
I do realize that I might just hear what I expected to happen..
(placebo). Unfortunatly it aint so easy to switch back and forward in
this case.

I will try however to compare it to an unmodified SB3.

I did this before when I build an external low jitter clock, in that
case it turned out that the unmodded SB3 sounder better :P I think this
mod hs a higher chance of sounding better :P

We'll see..

--
tingtong5