The DACs are going to be the big difference.  I recently bought my SB3
and I auditioned to the Airport Express to see if it would suffice; it
didn't.  The Airport Express' internal DAC just didn't cut it.  If
you're going to be using it with multimedia speakers or something
small, you probably won't hear a difference.  But, if you're using this
with even entry level hifi equipment, you'll want the SB3.  The internal
DAC on the SB3 is actually quite good, despite what you'll hear from
many who swear by external DACs.  The other major difference is the SB3
has a remote; this alone will justify the higher cost of the SB3, trust
me on this one!  You don't want to be running back and forth to change
the song with the Airport.

--
PowerBook17