I think Logitech, and Slim Devices before it, are mad. I would pedalling
this platform like crazy to the world.

The likes of JVC, Sony, Bose, high end audio manufacturers etc etc
could easily integrate the slim server and squeezebox control hardware
/ API into their own lines. The real value would be licensing the
technology - at a minimal and therefore attractive cost - and achieving
a high market penetration. The business focus becomes development of a
channel for your gear and the technical focus becomes creating product
that's easy to integrate into third party products.

It would be like the new "red book"...if it was cheap enough to
license. Would be a killer.

Just a small example, wouldn't you like a little portable system that
not only played "mp3" but also included a squeezebox interface? It is
idiocy to expect Logitech to replicate every kind of audio product.
Instead why not let other companies, who between them fill every niche
in the market, have access to the squeezebox architecture?
Darren

--
darrenyeats

Monarchy CLD-M401 transport or SB3 -> Sony DAS-703ES DAC -> Krell
KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1 (home-made room treatments and supports)