Hello to all of you!

I'm newbie and I have a question regarding ASIO drivers and
Squeezebox.

I'm familiar with the fact that Squeezebox dont' need these drivers
since it receiving from Slimserver data files and not audio files and
because of this there is no D/D windows-kernel conversion like it is
when sending signal out through USB port.

And here I come to the question how is the situation when I connect my
external USB hard disk with music to a PC. Is there D/D windows-kernel
conversion too, since the music is going through USB port to PC, or PC
stricly recognizes files as a pure data files and there is no
conversion?

I want to achieve the purest signal as i can get to input of my
Squeezebox and this things with windows-kernel conversions bothers me
since i dont know the answer.

Thanks very much for answers!

--
newbie10