Just to re-iterate, I am having the problem using AES/EBU digital input.
It is only a problem with firmware 31, definately not a hardware problem
as if I go back to 24 or 27 the problem goes (but like someone has
mentioned the problem is inverted). Not a problem wit hmy CD as I know
it works fine.
The problem is like like described above i.e. if im playing using
slimserver then switch to AES/EBU I get the loud pop (as I normaly
listen at around -20db) and then it plays ok. Howver if i switch back
to slimserver I get no sound (VU don't even move). If I try to go back
to digital I still get nothing.
If I pause the digital input before switching then I am able to
successfully switch back to slimserver.
PS the loud pop is experienced on FW24, 27 and 31.
Problem with FW24 is that whenever I switch to Pandora i need to update
FW, then when I switch back to slimserver it needs updating again (I
assume it's going back to the older FW). This is a real pain as I
switch between the 2 quite often.
I have voted for this already on the bug forum thing.

--
MikeFish