NewBuyer;222673 Wrote:
> With an office setup, you don't need "true" ASIO for the digital side -
> just bit-perfect output and a great DAC.

Well, you're correct in that the office setup doesn't have that level
of fidelity anyways; however if I had to go with few compromises with
equipment quality, why would I add more of a bad thing with choosing
the wrong technology? Default audio implementation of USB doesn't work
well, period - solid brands do special efforts to overcome the inherent
problems of isochronous USB to make it work acceptable, and I don't
think that sub-$100 unit is anything more then a textbook design.

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 on skylan
stands via acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

sb3 >> audioengine 5