adamslim;223890 Wrote:
> My general policy on cables is to come up with a really good reason why
> well terminated decent cables won't do the job.

That's discussed to death in "lamp cord" threads - not all cables are
manufactured to specification, and not all wire manufacturers offer
consistent quality from batch to batch.

Now, SPDIF specification doesn't take jitter into account. Some of
posters here don't either, but that's naturally their right.

I agree with Pat that SPDIF is low end specification, and basically
should not be used in high fidelity systems. However we often have no
choice, and so I'm trying to figure out how to minimize the damage.

--
325xi