Moko;224649 Wrote:
> I saw this amp in HiFi Choice and wondered if anyone here has any
> experience of them?
>
> http://www.advance-acoustic.com/en-product.php?id=25
>
> It is listed as 100W with a built in 24-bit/192Khz DAC and seems to
> cost around £599.00 which make it very useful when teamed up with an
> SB3.

Looking at the numbers, it doesn't look very good.

"Frequency response : 10Hz - 60kHz (+1/-3dB)" They say a big range, but
+1 to -3dB is not very good.

A good solid state amplifier should be probably 0.1dB within the
20hz-20khz range  anything outside of 20-20khz is mostly specs
boasting.

"Distorsion : < 0,15%"  This is also fairly high for a solid state
device.  On good equipment you should see no more than 0.005%

--
SuperQ