ted_b;225232 Wrote:
> No WAF issues here.  My music room is dedicated...my cave.  It is 15.25
> x 23 x 10 and like most medium-to-large rooms needs treatments.  My
> only issue with RC (I had a DEQX) is that it tends to want to tackle lf
> frequency dips (nulls) by trying to fill them in.  That's a no-no IMO,
> and usually a black hole that ends up mucking up headroom/dynamics and
> decay/ringing.  If RC is used to fix lf peaks (and is very useful at
> doing that for multiple locations), then I'm onboard.

That's why the volume needs turning up...because you need to lower the
overall level thus providing adequate headroom to avoid any "boosts"
into clipping. Usually 6dB overall cut is enough. When done in 24-bit
there is no loss of resolution (this is how TACT works - not sure about
other implementtions - but it looks like the Inguz plugin does something
"similar".

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)