NewBuyer;225454 Wrote:
> Semi-recently, I spent some time testing various coax (DH labs, Apogee
> Wyde-Eye, etc) against various glass-toslink cables out of the SB3. I
> found the optical connection, consistently, sounded better in my
> various system configs. However, my guess is that any such differences
> are entirely due to the galvanic isolation along with the good quality
> of the glass toslink cable. I know that S/PDIF coax is supposed to have
> a trivial less jitter, but the Toslink still sounded better in my own
> tests. Entirely subjective of course, but thought I would share it
> regardless.

This was the same opinion I had. Compared to Zu Ash, Acoustic Zen
Silver Photon, generic 1.5m digital coax, the Sound Professionals glass
toslink was consistently better. But after the Bolder digital mods, I
prefer the Zu Ash by a small margin. I guess the glass toslink seems
like a sane choice with stock SB3s.

--
SoftwireEngineer