gdg;226118 Wrote:
> I understand that a number of reviewers have criticized the SB3 power
> supply and suggest an upgrade to improve the sound quality from the
> analog outputs.
> I intend to stick with the digital output to feed a Benchmark Dac1.
> Would a power supply upgrade be worthwhile in this case?

Maybe.  Some people have found it to make a difference, others have
not.  The most plausible hypothesis is that the RFI generated by the
stock switching supply presents no problem for the SB3, but it can
affect other components more sensitive to this RFI.

I bought an inexpensive, linear, regulated PSU and could not hear any
difference. YMMV.

--
jeffmeh