I use DSP5000s mkII. I did for a whilse connect them direct to the SB3,
via their D2 input (you can use D1 to feed from a controller for your
other sources). It worked well.

In the end though I am using D2 for direct connection to my 598 player
so I can listen to multi channel DVD-A (my 561 don't support that). I
couldn't percieve any benefit having the SB3 connected direct to the
DSP5000s (plus you lose your sub if you have one), although if that is
your only source then the simplicity of such a setup is quite elegant.

And if you don't like the tone of DSP5000s then try out InguzAudio
addin to add equalisation.

--
mortod