muski;231024 Wrote:

> I am surprised by the phase behavior of both filters in the low freqs.

That phase response may not be as bad as it looks.  The point is that
if a filter is linear phase it's perfect (just as good as 0 phase
shift), because linear phase is simply a time delay.  That's because if
f(t) = sin(\omega t + \phi), when \phi -> \phi + c \omega for some c
that doesn't depend on \omega, it's the same thing as shifting t -> t +
c.

On a plot like that linear phase means a line of a constant slope, but
of course the lines will wrap around from -180 to 180.  That's more or
less what it looks like at least up to 2kHz or so.  And I assume this
plot has been smoothed, which might account for the apparent change at
high frequency.

--
opaqueice