i noticed mine was happening everytime I turned it on and tried to
access the Music Folder. Guessing it was a network issue regarding
access to my ever growing collection I thought there was nothing
anybody could do. However, the latest version of SS (or should i say SC
now) has stopped this completely. By the way, I am using the nightly
builds of SS7.
I have on a couple of occassions in the past had the menu lock-up for a
couple of mintues while the music still played but then the menu caught
up with any button presses afterwards (music unnaffected and no need
for a reboot). This has not happened recently though.

--
MikeFish