I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm way out to lunch here.....

Look, we're talking about interconnects here, right? So wouldn't the
'benchmark' be no interconnect at all? - that is, the signal at the
output of the amp is the signal at the speaker post - no interconnect.
Hmmm... so how do we put this into a test rig? Why not start with an
active system where the amp is in the speaker, and then tear it apart
and stick 'interconnects' between the amp section and the speaker? One
should then be able to argue that if there is any perceivable
difference at all, it _must_ be a degradation (I defy anybody to try to
tell me that a difference in sound _due_ to an interconnect is an
improvement!)
Say, can I get a million bucks for proving the cables are a waste of
money?

--
nicketynick

Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/