pablolie;233613 Wrote:
> The reason I do not want to do the latter [convert to FLAC instead of
> MP3] is because, sometime down the line, I want to remember the quality
> of the source. The 192k MP3 to me is a constant reminder that, perhaps,
> sometimes, I should upgrade the file. If I store it as a FLAC I'll just
> forget... I know there are also many other ways of dealing with that
> consideration...
I can see that argument, but what works better for me is to use the
FLAC "Comment" tag to remind me that it comes from a lossy source.
Another reason I prefer converting my few dozen iTunes lossy tracks to
FLAC is that I find the FLAC/Ogg tagging much more straightforward than
ID3 tags. It seems that whenever I have a tagging/slimserver problem
it's with the 3% of my tracks that are MP3. YMMV

--
aubuti