Hello,
I know we have had it over and over again and even worse the general
point seems to be clear. How would it look for my special case then:
I have:
- transporter via xlr into
- Marantz PM-11s1 via Bluematrix copper cables into
- 2 x Dali Helicon 400
---
Since the Marantz is an integrated amp I keep thinking about replacing
it with just two mono power amps.
Or even more consequent: Replace speakers and amp with active speakers
in the same budget.
Now some questions:
1. If I just have mono power amps or active speakers how is volume
control managed then?
2. Do those mono blocks run hotter, louder or in any way more eneergy
hungry?
3. I am quite satisfied with the setup actually. Will there be lots of
improvement in terms of transparent play? If I stick to the same
financial frame.
4. Would bi-wiring my current setup bring about signifficant results?
5. Any concrete recommendations?

Thanks as always
Jeronimo

--