I went thru all this too when I got my Lavry DA10.
The good thing is that the DA10 has internal jumpers which change the
output from balanced to unbalanced - manual extract:

-----------------
The unit is factory configured to operate in Balanced output mode. The
balanced signal comes out PIN 2 and PIN 3 of the XLR outputs. PIN 1 is
a ground connection for the cable shield.
The unit may be configured (via internal jumpers) to drive Unbalanced
signals only, but the Balanced configuration can be made to drive an
Unbalanced load when using the proper
interconnecting cables as follows:

Alternative 1: Use PIN 2 for the signal and leave PIN 3 unconnected.

Alternative 2: Use PIN 3 for the signal and leave PIN 2 unconnected.

In both cases, PIN 1 is used for signal ground return. You may also tie
a shield to PIN 1.
-------------------

However I wanted to keep the factory settings since I often change
between balanced and unbalanced connections.

Lavry support were excellent and very patient with me. There's also
some useful info here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=29831
http://lavryengineering.com/lavry_forum/viewtopic.php?t=209

>From my brief investigations, I couldn't find any moddable adapters
(they all had the wrong pinouts if I wanted keep the DA10 factory
jumper setting) so I plumped for a Neutrik Van damme XLR-F to Phono
Cable and just changed the connections myself.
If you don't switch between unbalanced and balanced then I think you
can just change the jumper to unbalanced and use a normal XLR/Phono
adapter, but I'd verify the connections with Lavry support first.

--
mr-b