The noise comes from the compressor motor.  When the fridge turns on
there is a sudden, large inrush of current because the motor looks like
a huge capacitor.  That surge puts a transient spike on the power line
that is finding it's way into your system.

The best thing to do would be to separate the power circuits for the
audio and the fridge.  If you can't do that, you might try putting a
line filter in either the audio or the fridge's power or both.

No, I don't mean a $5k power regenerator that the audiophool shops sell
for this sort of problem.  I mean line filters like these:
http://state-electronics.com/corcom/corcom2.asp
maybe the K series parts.

Surplus dealers often have these sorts of filters available for very
low cost.  Specs are not critical for your app.  Just make sure the
filter you get is rated for enough current to handle the load you will
apply.

TD

--
tyler_durden