morrillt;238194 Wrote:
> Hello all, i am trying to figure out where to put money into my system:
>
> Currently
> NAD 320Bee Integrated AMP ($400)
> B&W 602 8 ohm bookshelf speakers. ($500)
> Squeezebox v3
>
> i would like to get more bass out of my speakers, also my speakers are
> able to give incredibly great vocals, wondering if i would get more
> bass out of a Channel Island VDA DAC, or if that would be an overkill
> for my system, and if i should get a bigger amp / floorstandng
> speakers?
Changing the DAC is likely to make no audible difference and certainly
will not give you more bass. A bigger amplifier also is unlikely to
make an audible difference unless you play at fairly high levels when
it just might be a little cleaner. Good 3 or 4 way speaker are likely
to give you a better sound with a more extended bass.

If you listen to music with deep bass then getting a powered subwoofer
would seem the most obvious thing to do. However, be aware that lots of
bass in untreated rooms does not always sound particularly good.

--
honestguv