Hello,
compared the two of them side by side some two weeks ago.
I had very well known songs on me when I visited my dealer. He was so
kint as to rebuild the chain I use at home:
Amp Marantz PM-11s1
Dali Helicon 400 speakers
We used tp with rca and with xlr. The tp worked as a standallone dac
for the t+a music player. The latter only has rca as stated above.
We also used a Bryston stereo power amp and the Audionet amp I v2 of
which I have a very high opinion.

Well, what can I say?
Over xlr the tp sounded far more well ... authoritative, solid even
harsh or glassy: I don't know if it is good or bad since I originate
from heavy metal I like the edge to the sound.
The difference was less so when comparing rca connection (we took care
to first sort out volumes although not using and spl meter.)
The t+a sounds relaxed and open a little shy but music had good
resolution to it. TP on the other hand made instruments jump at me a
little closer. The salesman didn't prefer the tp for he said would
sooner or later feel terrorized to highly over emphasize the matter.
I think they are roughly en par and considering snr well they are both
beyond red book specification arn't they?
I just wonder how the t+a is driven... Well, he can obviously play cds
but what software is needed to make it stream?
The t+a has it's connectors on the back hidden beneath the top cover
extending longer than the back side. This makes wiring very tricky
especially when it is placed in a hifi rack.
It has a digital volume regulation to it as well. So it can be directly
connected to power amps.

--
jaysung