Hello,

Let me first start by explaining my system.  I have:
-Yamaha RX797 Receiver
-Yamaha CD changer
-MSB Link III Nelson DAC w/enhanced power supply.

These are the key three items.

My CD changer ONLY has digital optical out.  This is key.

My DAC will take both a digital optical and digital coax input, and
will switch between inputs depending upon signal presence, with the
coaxial digital having first preference.

I still listen to CD a lot, despite haivng the squeezebox.  One would
think that with a DAC setup such as mine, if I turned off the
squeezebox, there would be no signal on the digital coax line, and thus
the CD input (optical) would get priority for that situation.
Unfortunately this is not the case.

Unfortunately, when I turn off the squeezebox, I suppose due to the
fact that a ground is still present, the DAC still recognizes the
coaxial connection, and despite the fact that no information is passing
on it, the dac remains switched to this input, though good data is
passing through the toslink optical cable into the DAC at the same
time.  The prioritization for the coax input is messing me up.

My solution is to unplug the coax line from the squeezebox.  This is an
annoyance if I want to use both inputs from a location and not get up to
plug in and unplug cables.

So, my question is, is there a way to assure an all zero or no signal
whatsoever on the squeezebox when I turn it off?

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

JMH

--