I don't think I have audiophile ears, but I'm able to distinguish $2-3k
amps or speakers from $500-$1k ones. So when audiophiles say there is a
"huge" difference, I assume "ok, there may be a slightly audible
difference. :)

I recently got a Zhaolu D3, and tried A-B comparison with the internal
DAC of my SB3. (SB3-glass toslink-Zhaolu D3-MAC ultra silver RCA
interlink vs. SB3-blue jeans RCA interlink / both to my integrated tube
amp and Triangle Comete speakers)

Zhaolu seems to provide slightly clearer details and better imaging.
But, what makes a strickly fair comparison difficult is the difference
in their analog output levels. The output vrms of Zhaolu D3 seems
higher than SB3 (2.1 vrms). The analog output level of Musiland MD-10
is 3 vrms and certainly higher than SB3. It may bring some illusion. I
think Zhaolu D3 or Musiland MD-10 may be a better idea than a $250
cable to improve the sound quality of SB3, but the actual improvement
seems to be subtle.

BTW, does anybody know what's the analog output level of Zhaolu D3?

--
smarco