gregeas;249844 Wrote:
> Heimiko:
> Any drawbacks on using attenuators on the balanced connections? What
> kind are you using?

The only drawback, as far as I can tell, is that you can't go as loud
anymore as you could without them, but that is exactly what they do:
volume limiters. Whenever I do have to restart the TP, or whenever some
noise burst comes through, they limit the volume of these too:
sprotecting your speakers, that's what they're all about.

I'm using a pair of -20db XLR (balanced) Rothwell attenuators. There
are cheaper variants available though, but I like the fact that they
are in-line, I like to keep my cable length to a minimum, which is why
I went for them.

--
Heimiko

Transporter -> XLR Attenuators (-20db) -> Electrocompaniet AW100 DMB ->
Dynaudio Audience 122
___
BK Monolith
Analog modded SB3 -> tube buffer -> Trends Audio TA-10 ->  Eltax
Monitor III