jhm731;255731 Wrote:
> Yes, I believe that all audio equipment can be improved if you know what
> you're doing.

Certain kinds of modifications that involve reducing noise are not
physically possible without a board respin. Also, no amount of skill
could convert Transporter's digital audio path to 32-bit, unless you
redesigned nearly the entire product from scratch. I.e., it is utterly
impossible to do it by soldering on some components, regardless of
skill level. I could not do it by swapping components, and I have full
source code to the entire system and know every proprietary detail of
the design. Besides the fact, what benefit would it have?

Likewise, claims of being able to reduce jitter to 3ps are complete
cockamamie. That is less than the jitter introduced by the clock signal
traveling across the PCB from the CPLD to the DAC, never mind
propagating through the logic itself. Even a theoretically perfect
oscillator having 0 jitter (which does not exist) could not reduce the
level at the DAC below about 7 ps. And that is completely ignoring the
fact that you could never install such an oscillator properly without,
again, a board respin.

Sorry but you are crazy to accept these claims at face value. If you
understood the technology, you would find them just as ludicrous as the
lacquered knob and other audiophile jokes.

--
seanadams