Hi

The Linn studio master downloads seems to be in one of three different
formats: 44.1/24, 88.2/24 and 96/24.

If the downloads you picked were at 96/24 then I belive that the SB3
will not be able to play them properly. My SB+ tries to play them but
there are drop outs and other distortion. I think I read somewhere that
the SB3 processor runs out of cycles when trying to buffer/decode 96/24
streams. Sean Adams has definately stated in these forums that the SB3
does not do 96Khz sample rates.

If the downloads were 88.2/24 then, as I  understand it, the SB3 will
drop every other sample and effcively make a 44.1/24 bit stream. This
is completely adequate if the origonal 88.2/24 stream has no audio
content above about 20KHz. If there is audio content above about 20KHz
then some aliasing distortion will be present at the audio output.

If the downloads were 44.1/24 they should play without issue.

--
Stoker

--ian