haraldo;269649 Wrote:
> This definitely depends on room height, For instance: There will be
> serious issues if room height is exactly half of room width, and room
> width is half of room length.
>
> Then you will have standing waves in three directions at the same
> frequency, I Have been in such a room where there is a serious issue
> with a 14Db peak at 141Hz, you cannot solve this solely by electronics,
> you need room tuning + electronics may help....
>
> I believe all rooms will have a benefit of some adjustments below appr.
> 200Hz, even the very good ones. But there's only so much you can do with
> electronics
>
> Regards
>
> Harald N

I disagree - there's no limit to what you can do....and a 14dB peak is
easily zapped out with DRC. A 14dB trough is rather more problematic!

I've built treated rooms in the past. There's only so much you can do
with acoustic foam and helmholz resonators...

And boosting isn't really an option. This is a real problem that DRC
can tackle better than passive treatments.

I don't find that DRC makes anything sound sterile. Quite the opposite
in fact - it makes everything sound much better.

YMM (of course) V

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables