seanadams;274347 Wrote:
> Unless they're testing a conventional S/PDIF DAC, then yes the results
> are complete nonsense.

I recall an English magazine providing a quite unfavorable review to
the Transporter, I do not believe very much in some of those magazines,
I believe that possibly one of the backgrounders could be that they
tested jitter rejection to be quite unfavorable, and I wouldn't be
surprised if some of those guys actually don't listen that much.... but
provide favorable reviews to those who provide the most advertising
money and possibly they rely way too much on on measurements.....

I'm not 100% sure which magazine this was, I believe it was "What
Hi-Fi". I would probably believe from your statement that everything
they provided would be just plain rubbish....
"Or perhaps You are more polished / polite in your statements"

A bad review from any magazine would never stop me from buying anything
anyways....

Could you possibly provide some backgroundes as to why the Transaporter
measures well everywhere and then suddenly quite poor in another review?
(Of course you wouldn't be able to figure out what the h.... those guys
have done)
I don't believe in measurements anyway... I believe in my ears, just
wanted to know about this.....

Regards

Harald N

--
haraldo

Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop / SC7 -> SB3 -> Benchmark DAC1 -> Krell
KAV400xi -> Meadowlark Kestrel2 / Duntech PCL-15
Everything is difficult before it's easy