I bought two of the (semi-famed) Power One HB5-3 power supplies.  I  use
one for my Squeezebox 3 and was planning to use one for the Duet I had
on order.

OOOPPS!!

The Duet needs 9 volt in, not 5.  Hmmm...  Anybody know how to change
the HB5-3 to 9 volt?  Just a matter of a resistor or two I am guessing,
but anybody know which ones?

I found the datasheet for the LM723N used in the Power One here:
http://www.chipcatalog.com/ST/LM723N.htm

The datasheet shows schematics for applications, and I'm guessing the
schematic that applies to the HB5-3 is either schematic #16 or #17, but
that's as far as my limited electronic neurons take me...

--
atkinsonrr

Transporter, Quicksilver V4 Monos, Vandersteen Model 5A speakers.  SB3,
Quad Tube Pre-Amp, Tube Monos, Quad ESLs.  Homemade Tripath Digital
amps, Carver ALS (original) Speakers with Outboard Crossovers.