I connect my Transporter to a Bryston BP-25DA preamp via the balanced
XLR outputs (ie. I use the Transporter's DAC).  I had always assumed
that it was best to have the volume control of the Transporter set all
the way up to 100, until I saw this thread on the Bryston forum:

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=52263.0

Given that the "absolute maximum input level" of a Bryston preamp is
"15Vrms bal input for 1% distortion at the 'to recorder' output" is
there an optimal volume setting on the Transporter I should be using?

(I am, once again, at the limit of my electronics knowledge, so forgive
me if this question makes no sense...)

Thanks,
muski

--
muski

Transporter->Bryston BP25DA->Bryston 4B SST->Wilson Watt Puppy 7
Transporter->Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp->Balanced AKG701s &
HD650s