I tried connecting the optical out on my PS3 to the optical in on the
Transporter.

The TP is connected to my integrated amp through a pair of unbalanced
RCA connectors.

On the TP I scrolled down to Digital Inputs, selected the SPDIF input
and press play. I then booted up my PS3 and changed the sound output
settings from RCA to Optical.

I expected to hear the sound through my speakers but heard nothing, am
I doing something wrong? The right input was selected on my Amp so I
don't think it's something I did or didn't do mechanically speaking.

I'm wondering if it's a S/W setting I missed?

--
george_k