wireless200;295322 Wrote:
> Ok I see how to adjust the attenuaters in the manual.  I'll try it that
> way.  thanks.
The Transporter output attenuators only operate on the unbalanced
outputs. The MC402 has the option of balanced inputs, and from my
experience (and a number of others around here), you really owe it to
yourself to use balanced. That means if you need attenuation, it'll
have to be external. Start without any attenuation and turn the TP
volume right down, then gradually increase it until you get as loud as
you'll ever want. That tells you how much attenuation (if any) you
need.

That said, I see the MC402 input sensitivity is 4V on the balanced
inputs, which is actually fairly low. Many balanced power amps have a
sensitivity around 2V, some even as high as 1V. So you may well find
that you're OK without any attenuation at all.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A