ModelCitizen;298122 Wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by "If Naim made a nice DAC/pre-pre-amp",
> but I wonder if the Naim SuperNait might do, a few DACS, amp and
> pre-amp.
>
> MC

I suppose I mean a small black box, a bit like their stageline and
superline phono pre-amps.  I have a switching  & volume control pre-amp
already (72/Hicap) which sounds fantastic with the 140.  All I need is a
box that can take in a digital feed from the Duet and turn out a line
level signal, so buying a Supernait just for the DAC would be a waste
of money.

I have been a total Naim convert since 1990. I just think they are
likely to do the DAC thing better than most and, hopefully, there would
be some synergy with my existing kit.  Whether it would sound any better
than the Duet is debateable, but I would be interested in auditioning
it.

--
TheLastMan

Matt