results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48430
Question: Does a dedicated PC/music server sound better than a PC used
for other duties?

- Yes it does.
- No it doesn't make any difference.

OK, for the sake of argument, let's accept that it was a placebo effect.

But what caused it? Because surely for a placebo effect, there has to
be some form of suggestion, eg. a sugar pill in the case of a medical
effect.

I made a change to my system, ie, I installed Squeezecenter on my main
PC and listened to that instead of the music server PC. I had been told
that Squeezecenter was quite an improvement over Slimserver but have
been auditioning hi-fi long enough not to have any preconceptions.

Initially I didn't really notice much difference. It was only after a
few days, and then over a period of about 10-14 days that I realised I
wasn't actually enjoying what I heard.

I keep a diary of any modifications that I make to my system but hadn't
written in the the bit about changing PC's etc.

So I can't see that the idea of a placebo effect  is applicable in this
case.

--
Nuuk