Please note, this is my first time on this forum.
Sorry but I haven't figured out yet what "sb3" means. Is it an
amplifier, Creative sound card?
I would be very interested to upgrade my pc to a very decent music
server.
I have upgraded everything, except my source. If anyone could give me
some advice/tips on how to upgrade my pc? I would really appreciate it.
I would like to use my desktop pc as a balanced source (if possible).
This means that I would like to connect my pc via XLR to my Headroom
Balanced Home (headphone) amplifier (this amp can also be used as a
preamp).

I have some decent audio parts:
Headphone Inventory:
2x AKG K-1000 Stefan AudioArt hard-wired,
recabled Headphile Grado GS-1000,
balanced recabled Headphile UltraSone Ed 9 (wts),
balanced Alo Audio Grado sr225
Headphone Amp Inventory:
preamp/amp: Headroom Home Balanced;
Akg K1000 speaker amp: Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2;
amp: Yamamoto HA-02 (sold);
A/V receiver: Harman/Kardon AVR147 (dolby headphone);
portable amp: Meier Corda Move, Alo Vcap
Source Inventory:
iMod, Creative X-fi desktop pc

--
alexdemaet