Rodney_Gold;312511 Wrote:
> As far as I can make out , Im now doing the decoding on ther server
> rather than the TP, dunno why it makes a difference , perhaps cos im
> not doing DSP in the TP?
> Who knows..........audio is sometimes unpredictable, I have compared 2
> or more transports side by side to find differences between em...anyway
> it's a free and reversible tweak that seems to work for ME in MY
> system.
> I don't subscribe to the fact that meaurements or numbers are the be
> all and end all of the determinants of whether something is better than
> another , for exampole the fact one car has the same power and torque
> and 1/4 mile or track times as another does not make it equal when
> driving them.If your comparing how fast they get in the quarter mile when
> driving
then they are equal.  If you are trying to get a handling feel or noise
level from the quarter mile times, then no. A lot of people will pass on
accurate sound when given the choice the choice of crisper highs and
louder lows.  The days of dolby nr on cassettes proved that to me.
Tapes were encoded with it but nobody ever hit the button.  It would
lower the highs and lows back to the original levels and people didn't
like that after hearing them louder. They didn't realize or care that
they were listening to music with the mids way low and not accurate. I
guess my point is that there is no right or wrong, just listen to what
feels right to you. If you do start saying something is wrong then
measurements, numbers and abx'ing will come into play.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality