Hi, after a year or so with my 3 SB3's running quite reliably at home on
both PC and Mac, I have decided to part with my precious and wonderful
Ayre CD player (the CX-7e). I use the SB3's with DACs and cannot
identify the differences when the music is from the Ayre or from the
SB3 into an Electrocompaniet ECD-1 or a Benchmark DAC-1. So I have
decided to part with the Ayre--but I feel I need an emergency backup to
use in case of network meltdown, modem  failure or whatever. Is there
any inexpensive player I could buy to use as a backup if my network is
down, that won't be horribly inadequate given what I am used to
listening to? I was thinking of the Oppo but have never heard it;
similarly thought of the cambridge player but again never heard it. Any
thoughts?

--
sc53