Nonreality;314779 Wrote:
> Are you saying that these reviews are making suckers part with their
> money faster?  You have to be kidding. I would think that anyone that
> was considering getting one is probably looking in a different
> direction.  Oh and I do know some will buy them regardless.
It makes it more visible, that is all they need. Pseudo science will
spread slowly, someone will post on some biased forum that it sounds
better and others will confirm.
(if you want examples I can link it, they are buying expensive USB
cables already)

How many times did you read about funny power cable claims. That didn't
stop me from buying them. Now I regret it after waking up from that
belief but it is too late.
Even back then I knew that there wasn't a scientific explanation (other
than maybe a placebo effect) but that does not matter when you hear the
difference.
Blind tests are the only cure. But it is difficult to do properly and
not everyone allows themselves to think that there is a possibility
that what they hear is not actually happening.

--
nuhi