Hello,
It is evening. I find the time to compare the two players connected via
xlr and rca respectively.
I use a Marantz PM-11s1 integrated amplifier with Dali Helicon 400
speakers and Bluematrix Copper wires to the speakers using the included
bridges. No bi-wiring.
What really surprises me is that I don't really hear a difference
either imagined or actually present when testing them plug out plug
in.
I just switch the digital rca cable from transporter's input to the
input of the T & A MP 1250.
The digital source is an old dvd player. I know not quite audiophile
but I am doing my rippings with a drive that won't be much better.
Well, my test cd is burned with the very same drive I ripp my cds with.
OK I use cdparanoia for good reasons to ripp the music.
Right now I just haven't figured out how to use the T & A as a network
streamer.
I would replace my Transporter with it if it really makes a difference
but right now I can not hear a  difference.
Any experience anyone with the two players. Any alternative suggestions
either for a Dac or a network streamer?
Cheers
Jeronimo

--