BDG;316240 Wrote:
> Suffice to say, after 3 days, I sold my $5K (used values) worth of Naim
> gear and run the DAC1 Pre directly into my remaining Naim 180 power amp
> and Shahinian Arc speakers.
Haha.. this takes the cake and just goes to show that it's just
personal preference (or delusion!) and that to buy hifi you must listen
to it an make your own mind up... 'cos the next guy is going to hear
something entirely different.

Your set up is the same as mine was (you can't beat Arcs for choral and
analogue music). In the end my conclusion was that I'd never get
anything to sound as good as a CDX... to my ears the Benchmark (ran
either through Naim pre-amp or solely power amp) gave a cold, harsh and
clinical edge to the sound.. none of the other dacs I tried with the SB3
got near the CDX either. Since then I've gone from a Transporter to a
SB+. And I'm still hoping to come across a network player that sounds
as good as the CDX.

MC

--
ModelCitizen

On average people have fewer than two feet.

http://www.last.fm/user/ModelCitizen