cliveb;326393 Wrote:
> The key point here is that you auditioned inexpensive speakers. Of
> course they're not flat or accurate - nowhere near. You need to spend
> *serious* money to even start approaching that goal. And of course even
> the finest speakers in the world are orders of magnitude less flat and
> accurate than a cheap CD player.
>
> Hardly worth bothering, is it? :-)

Har har!

I guess the point I was trying to make was that the claim that studio
monitors are more "accurate" to me is now total bee-ess. If they're
ACCURATE, they should all sound alike. I mean the waveform passing
through the voice coils is a measurable, definable thing.

But they don't, and that's fine. I guess I didn't really expect them
to.

FWIW, I thought the Yamahas were a little shrill and the Mackies boomy.
The KRKs and M-Audios actually sounded kinda similar -- laid back. I
preferred them. I'll pick between the two of them.

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says:
Have a nice day!
http://www.theheals.org/
~~~
SB3 (wired - 6.3.1) | Home-brew PC running XP Pro | DENON DRA-395 | PSB
Stratus Bronze (2) | Outlaw Audio LFM-2 (1) | DIY Speaker Cables |
Dayton Audio Interconnects