Nonreality;338652 Wrote:
> So what do you hear when you get noise from AC.  I do run filters but
> didn't notice any sound difference but my plasma display improved
> enough to be noticeable.  It got rid of the occasional blocks that
> happen on screen changes.  Any sound quality that I may have perceived
> could be written off as imagination or wishful thinking.

If you "see" a lot of junk on your AC, the next step would be to open
up the audio-kit and "see" if that junk makes it beyond the PSU. If it
does, measures like on-line UPS would not be a waste because guessing
what happens beyond the PSU is almost impossible. If it's really bad,
you could detect it by "seeing" it on the speaker-feeds with all the
kit switched on but playback paused. If you don't "see" it on the
speaker-feeds: that doesn't mean the noise does not distort music when
it's playing. So, the next step would be encoding a flac (can't use mp3
because audiophiles don't use mp3;-)  with a 1 kHz test-tone, playing it
while "looking" at the speakerfeed. Repeat with more sample-freqs
between 20Hz and 20kHz to make sure. When all is clean, the problem
isn't audible but it could still hurt the kit itself.
I'm so glad I live on a boat ;-)

BTW: you don't sound like you're in your teens anymore so what does it
matter for you? your ears are dead meat already, just like mine :)

ciao!
Nick.

--
DeVerm