Nonreality;340189 Wrote:
> I'm sure that it's not just me but you are making me a bit curious about
> youself.  Is it ok to ask about your history a bit as it sounds very
> cool to me? You have a bunch of knowledge, live on a boat, and now some
> history to go with it.  If I'm intruding I do apologize in advance.

I'm trying to recover from a serious cold here so my replies are a bit
slow...

So, about me, nothing special really. I studied analog electronics,
digital electronics incl. computer design and later information
technology. Started my first IT company in 1987 when I "was released"
from the army where I had spent 14 months maintaining and tuning
guidance systems in Leopard tanks. Started building Internet
infrastructure in 1993 and was actually the first commercial ISP in
Holland. Sold it all in 2002 and emigrated the country without ever
immigrating another country, living on a boat; so we're like gypsies
now, free from the grips of government as far as that's possible.

The reason I'm interested in Dutch history is a combination of me being
Dutch, finding Dutch colonial remains during our travels but most
importantly the fact that the English tried very hard (with success) to
change history because they were sooo disgraced by the Dutch victories.
It's only now that the truth bubbles up in historical research.

cheers,
Nick.

--
DeVerm